Surviving Together on DVD

Page: [1]  2  

View Previous Topic | View Next Topic

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 4:52 pm

# 1

Shalashaska

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailAIMY!IM

Total Forum Posts: 0

I think it would be awesome to see the animated show Surviving Together on a three dvd box set instead of an only online video, you know like three feature length movies. think about it, it would be awesome. Susie, you would make a killing off of this. it would be available only from this site. (all of the ZMT episodes on dvd wouldnt be a bad idea either)

What do you guys think?

---
"The power of death is intoxicating." -Legato Bluesummers

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 4:56 pm

# 2

Keenarnor

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsiteAIMY!IMMSNM

That would be awesome. I would be one of the first to buy it.
---

That's right, we're getting married and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it! Not even you french speaking Lopez.-Red vs Blue Ep. 28.5

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 4:58 pm

# 3

Susie

Site Administrator

ProfileSend Private MsgWebsiteICQAIMY!IMMSNM

I only have plans for animating part 1 of Surviving Together. I wont even think about animating part 2 or 3 until part 1 is nearly complete.

I cannot sell Surviving Together on DVD because it is a derivative of other artists work (Akira Toriyama's and LavenderGoddessV's). It is both illegal and unethical to profit from the work of another.

If it became really big, what we might be able to do is burn them onto DVD and sell them only at the price of the materials and shipping. Or maybe just sell for the cost of matierials at a convention. We'd need money upfront to pay for the cost of materials. i'd either have to gain enough money from advertising on this website or use my own money. But even that can be risky.

At this time there are no plans to offer either ZMT or Surviving Together on DVD.
---
Dragonball Z; the gateway drug of anime

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 5:03 pm

# 4

Shalashaska

So youre saying that it is legal for weird al to make paodies of songs, using the same beat as the original, and not get into trouble. but you cant produce a parody of dbz without getting into trouble. that sounds rather dumb if you ask me.

well, if you do decide to sell them like you were talking about, then know that i would be one of your first customers.

---

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 5:09 pm

# 5

Keenarnor

No see, weird al got permission from the artists of the songs he made fun of and they said it was ok. I saw that on VH1.
---

That's right, we're getting married and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it! Not even you french speaking Lopez.-Red vs Blue Ep. 28.5

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 5:16 pm

# 6

Shalashaska

oh well. never mind then. *secretly curses the copyright people in the most extreme manner*
---

Last edited by Shalashaska on Apr 30, 2006 5:20 pm. Total edits: 1.

Posted: Apr 30, 2006 9:58 pm

# 7

Susie

Site Administrator

It depends on how much parodying is going on. With Weird Al, he got permission and probably paid royalties to use that music.

If we had parodied the names of the characters on ZMT more and made it less obviously DBZ, then we could get away with selling it. But we kept all the names the same. This is one of the reasons why we are ending the zmt series and moving onto a new parody show.

If you ask me, I'm glad we have the copyright laws that we do. As an artist, I wouldn't want someone ripping off my art and profiting from it.
---

Posted: May 1, 2006 3:32 pm

# 8

The new envy

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailMSNM

cool idea

---

imto emo for my shirt

Posted: May 1, 2006 4:03 pm

# 9

Shalashaska

another great idea, straight down the shitter...
---

Posted: May 1, 2006 6:17 pm

# 10

Susie

Site Administrator

Sorry Shalashaska. It would be awesome to offer ZMT and ST on DVD but it isn't an option right now. Unless we somehow got permission from TOEI animation. But I'm afraid to even aproach them about it. They might end up sending me a cease and desist letter and then we wouldn't have any ZMT or ST at all.

Please don't hold back with your suggestions though. We love to hear ideas from the fans.
---

Posted: May 3, 2006 9:03 am

# 11

Lyude

It would be great but How di I get the DVD's Al the ways in the NEtherlands
---

Posted: May 3, 2006 11:26 am

# 12

Susie

Site Administrator

Shipping internationally shouldn't be a problem.
---

Posted: May 3, 2006 11:32 am

# 13

Keenarnor

If u ever think about selling these at a convention or whatever. You should do E3 or some other deal. Ppl there will buy anything. But just a suggestion.
---

Posted: May 3, 2006 2:25 pm

# 14

Susie

Site Administrator

I've never been to E3. I think it's probably expensive to go and to sell there. I'd most likely start with something cheaper like an anime convention. Remember, we don't have any money.
---

Posted: May 4, 2006 11:56 am

# 15

Lyude

Hmmm...  The E3 is Okay ANd A lot of Copmuter NErds Are there. I don't Think You should go there. Cuz When You buy A game there Wich is A lot more Expensive than Usual but If you buy Something They give You A Hooker(sorry for the language)
---

Page: [1]  2  

By browsing this site, you agree to the Terms of Service.

Legend:     Administrator     Moderator     Jr. Moderator     Staff Member

This website contains content of a mature nature and is NOT intended for children. For information about the mature content of this site, please visit our page on the Internet Content Rating Association website. This website is part of the BogusRed Network