Susie's Vegeta drawings

View Previous Topic | View Next Topic

Posted: May 9, 2006 10:22 pm

# 1

Susie

Site Administrator

ProfileSend Private MsgWebsiteICQAIMY!IMMSNM

Total Forum Posts: 0

Alright guys. This forum is being under used. So I thought I'd share some of my Vegeta artwork. From the early days to the more recent days.

I started drawing in about 1998 when I was a sophmore in high school. Here is one of my early Vegeta drawings. This was a copy of some official artwork for the series. I think it was on a DVD cover. I changed the background to make it more my own though. Back in those days I pretty much did nothing but copies. I have a huge collection of DBZ cards. I used to draw those a lot. THis one was completed on January 1st 1999.

Here's one from March 2001. I started to do digital artwork. I had a Wacom Graphire tablet (i still have it actually). Another horrible drawing from my early days. These characters are stiff as a board!

Here's a sketch from June 2003. By this time I had started college and started studying a little bit about gesture and figure drawing. I still love this drawing:

Here's a cool one from January of 2005. Much more recent. I love the color in this. He is the seventh in my Paper Demon series. That's where the name of PaperDemon.com and PaperDemonMedia.com came from.

Here's another from 2005 (june). I did this one in Painter. I love the oil painting feel of it. I did it as a request for a friend, Sliverbane:

And here's also some sweet sketches i did. For some reason, I really love these sketches. They are just so simple and expressive.

As you can see there is quite a bit of progression in my work. I started out sucking and then I worked hard to suck less! I hope this provides some inspiration for some of you begining artists out there!

Let me know what you think
---
Dragonball Z; the gateway drug of anime

Posted: May 10, 2006 3:56 am

# 2

fablespinner

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsite

I love the progression of style refinement (I always love to see aged work side-by-side)

I have only 2 DBZ images I've ever drawn (Those being commissions of Trunks and Gohan) and have refrained posting them here do to the obvious demographic.

I doubt very seriously the youngin's want to see what a Dandy French Man asked me to draw for him in the realms of the genre I usually work in.

LOL.. Viva La Differance!

Again LOVE seeing progression. Thanks for posting

^_^

---
fablespinner.com --- Sakuranbo Studios
If someone finds my life, can you please return it to the lost and found department? - Thanks.

Posted: May 10, 2006 11:33 am

# 3

Keenarnor

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsiteAIMY!IMMSNM

Cool drawings. I'm thinking about taking a 3-D art class sometime in my highscool time.
---

That's right, we're getting married and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it! Not even you french speaking Lopez.-Red vs Blue Ep. 28.5

Posted: May 10, 2006 12:19 pm

# 4

Lyude

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailMSNM

You have skills Susie...
---

Posted: May 10, 2006 4:51 pm

# 5

Donut_Nappa2

ProfileSend Private Msg

What susie you are the best drawing person i know the best i can draw of vegeta is a stick figure with spikey black hair. You should sumbit them to some kind of 1 of those art convention thingies. I don't know if its a donation or you get cash if its really good. anyway keep up the good work.
---

SHUT UP YOUR FACE!!!

Posted: May 10, 2006 5:21 pm

# 6

majinvegeta

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailAIMMSNM

awesome artwork susie i like them all but the first one is my favorite. keep up the good work!
---

You are a fool, I'm going to crush you and throw you into the wind! Trunks,Bulma I do this for you and yes even for you.... Kakarot.

Majin Vegeta

Posted: May 12, 2006 6:33 pm

# 7

KitsuneChan8888888

ProfileSend Private Msg

You're really good! ^^ Even the first one is good for simply copying something.
---
McDonald's is like Satan in a way: It tempts you into your death.

Posted: May 12, 2006 7:39 pm

# 8

Susie

Site Administrator

Thank you guys for the comments.
---

Posted: May 13, 2006 6:52 am

# 9

Lyude

I say that the fourht one is the best
---

Posted: May 14, 2006 7:25 am

# 10

Jin1

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailY!IM

WOW, those drawings are awsome Susie. I cant draw stuff off the top of my head like that. I'm realy good at real life drawing though. Either a real person or picture. but i wish i could do what you could.
---
"Heroes are remembered, But legends never die" - Babe Ruth from the Sandlot

Posted: May 14, 2006 9:01 am

# 11

Susie

Site Administrator

Yeah life drawing is an essential skill for any artist to have. I'll make a new thread with mine so that I can add a nudity warning to it.
---

Posted: May 2, 2008 8:21 am

# 12

Vegetasgirl

ProfileSend Private Msg

You really are a skilled artist.  I would have to say Paper Demon Vegeta is my favorite. 
---
Member of MIB: The Z-Writers Guild @ liveactionanime.org

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 2:47 pm

# 13

XvegetaX

ProfileSend Private Msg

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
XVegetaX

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 3:58 pm

# 14

whitecanary

Excellent stuff.

I feel sad that there is no one left around here, but I will comment anyway!

By browsing this site, you agree to the Terms of Service.

Legend:     Administrator     Moderator     Jr. Moderator     Staff Member

This website contains content of a mature nature and is NOT intended for children. For information about the mature content of this site, please visit our page on the Internet Content Rating Association website. This website is part of the BogusRed Network