E3 2006 Live!

View Previous Topic | View Next Topic

Posted: May 11, 2006 12:29 pm

# 1

Keenarnor

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsiteAIMY!IMMSNM

Total Forum Posts: 0

For all of you who don't know, E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year and it's the main convention that releases secrets about systems or whatever. I have seen Day 1 and 2 so i'm gonna tell you all what I have seen.

Nintedno Wii: That's right, it's not the Revolution anymore. It's the Nintendo Wii(it sounds like Nintendo weee which is fun to say). Not much other info has been released about the system, but a lot about the games. For starters there is Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. This is the next installment in the LoZ series. For those of you who can't afford a Nintendo Wii, it will be available on the Wii and Gamecube, but it won't come out until November. Next is Super Mario Galaxy. It's pretty much Mario in space, but it's a lot like Mario 64. There is also a Metroid Prime and Sonic game but there hasn't been a lot of info on those.

PS3: Not much has changed about it's design, except for the controller. It looks a lot like the PS2 one, but like the Nintendo Wii controller, has interactivity in some games. Not many games but have been mentioned but a trailer of Final Fantasy 13 was showed, and they haven't even come out with Final Fantasy 12 yet.

Xbox 360: The only thing that has changed about this, is the games. A trailer of Halo 3 was shown and it looks awesome, but u gotta wait until 2007 to get it. There were other games such as Grand Theft Auto 4 and a few others. But there are days 3 and 4 left so not a lot has been covered. But when those days finish, I'll tell u all about it.

Day 3 has come and gone so here is what happened.

Nintendo: Pretty much that was talked about were Nintendo Wii games. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, uses the Wii's controller as a gun, so it's pretty simple. As for the Nintendo DS, games include Starfox DS, LoZ: Phantom Hourglass(which is a continuation of Wind Waker), and Yoshi's Island 2(in this gmae u get the have baby Mario, baby Peach, and baby Donkey Kong on your back so there is more to do.)

PS3: Not much about PS3 either. The controller was shown using it's interactivity in Warhawk. In the game, you tilt your controller in the way you want your ship to go. That's pretty much it.

Xbox 360: A few games were talked about such as Phantasy Star Universe and, but not really much either. There was also Splinter Cell: Double Agent coming out, which is a game that lets u be good or bad by doing certain things.

PC: As for the PC, a lot of games are coming out. One is the New Star Trek game, which lets u play through the story line of every star trek series. There is also a Star Wars: Empire at War 2 coming out, and also a Scarface game.

---

That's right, we're getting married and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it! Not even you french speaking Lopez.-Red vs Blue Ep. 28.5

Last edited by Keenarnor on May 15, 2006 6:14 pm. Total edits: 3.

Posted: May 12, 2006 11:44 am

# 2

Donut_Nappa2

ProfileSend Private Msg

Oh yea i watched that last nite. That was cool i wanna play the link and mario thing.
---

SHUT UP YOUR FACE!!!

Posted: May 12, 2006 5:41 pm

# 3

Keenarnor

Those are on my top things to play when they come out, but now it's time for day 4.

Nintendo: Not a lot about Nintendo, but info about Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released and it looks great. The battle areas are beautiful. The characters looks a lot more mature. For example, Link looks just like he does in Twilight Princess. And just to spoil u, I'm gonna name a few new characters!!! Some include Wario, Pit from Kid Icaris, Solid Snake, Metaknight, and Samus without her armor. Other games include Lego Star Wars 2. It's about the origional trilogy and is a lot better than the first. Each character has their own special move. For example, Chewie can rip the arms of an Imperial Trooper. Also, if u have the first lego stars on a memory card, u can transfer the characters to the second one. So u can be General Greivous and train with Yoda on Degobah.

PS3: Not much was said. Some games were talked about like God of War 2 and Heavenly Sword. They are both hack and slash games with lots of violence.

Xbox 360: Not much about this either. There is a game that looks godd and is called Gears of War. And since i know i didnt get everything. Go to http://www.g4tv.com/e32006/index.html for more info on E3.

---

That's right, we're getting married and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it! Not even you french speaking Lopez.-Red vs Blue Ep. 28.5

Last edited by Keenarnor on May 12, 2006 5:45 pm. Total edits: 2.

Posted: May 13, 2006 8:28 am

# 4

MilesTormani

ProfileSend Private MsgAIMY!IMMSNM

Personally, while I like the majority of what's going on, here, I dislike the PS3 design.

First, the main design. It still looks like a scanner or a grill, but now it's black, making it even more so. The 'PLAYSTATION 3' text on the side also suggests they took a page from the Spider-Man movies. It also doesn't show much difference between that and the PS2, otherwise. So much for making new systems look cooler in your room.

What REALLY irritates me, though, is the new things they said about it. The controller in particular pisses me off. Why? Because while I thought the boomerang was kind of difficult to hold, in concept, I bet Sony would've made it work out and be comfortable, like they did with the transition between SNES controller and PSX controller. Even worse, dispite bashing the hell out of the Wii, they decided to copy Nintendo and put a motion sensor in the controller. It's also nowhere near as precise as some leaked information on the Wii has shown. (Six ways to move it? I recall the Wiimote having the ability to sense any freaking motion you could think of.)

In addition, I do recall Sony saying that everything about the Xbox 360 completely sucks. Now they're making both a 'core' and a 'premium' model. Sound familiar?
---
I'm not gay.

Posted: May 13, 2006 4:24 pm

# 5

Jin1

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailY!IM

I agree with you Miles, but what realy pisses me off is the wait for the Legend of Zelda twilight princess. it was soposed to come out last November, now its this November. THATS A FREAKIN YEAR. I've had a reserved copy since last July. It sucks.

---
"Heroes are remembered, But legends never die" - Babe Ruth from the Sandlot

Posted: May 13, 2006 6:45 pm

# 6

Keenarnor

Oh and one more thing for the Nintendo Wii, this was said in my Nintendo Power magazine so hopefully it's true. The Wii download will include not only titles developed for past nintendo platforms, but for the Sega Genisis and TurboGrafx-16 consoles as well. So more gaming goodness for Nintendo.
---

Posted: May 13, 2006 9:52 pm

# 7

Susie

Site Administrator

ProfileSend Private MsgWebsiteICQAIMY!IMMSNM

On May 13, 2006 7:45 pm, Keenarnor said:
The Wii download will include not only titles developed for past nintendo platforms, but for the Sega Genisis and TurboGrafx-16 consoles as well. So more gaming goodness for Nintendo.

OMG! That is awesome! I still have my Good Ol' Turbo Grafx-16. I lost some of the games for it. But wow that will be awesome that it will play old games. Will it cost anything to download these old games?
---
Dragonball Z; the gateway drug of anime

Posted: May 13, 2006 10:13 pm

# 8

Keenarnor

From what I have heard it will only cost a dollar, but i'm not sure. And what is a Turbografx-16. I've never heard of it.
---

Posted: May 14, 2006 1:28 am

# 9

Susie

Site Administrator

The TurboGrafx-16 was a very short lived system. It was the first 16 bit console released in the US. I've heard that it really didn't have a 16 bit processor but instead had two 8-bit processors. Just a few months after it was released, the Super Nintendo made it's debut and that was pretty much the end for the Turbo Grafx. Its most recognizable title was called Bonk's Adventure:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/scans4/bonkadventure.jpg
---

Posted: May 14, 2006 10:03 am

# 10

MilesTormani

ProfileSend Private MsgAIMY!IMMSNM

It's been confirmed. GameSpot also said something of the like quite awhile ago.

As for the TurboGrafix, it's not the only system that used two 8 bit processors. The Sega Genesis did the same thing, I believe... both of them were ironically faster than the SNES, which used a 16 bit processor.

(Which brings up the beginnings of the Sonic series. Yuji Naka apparently said 'Hey, our system's faster than Nintendo's. Let's shove it in their faces with a game based on speed! ')

The other cool thing about the TurboGrafix is that, like the Genesis, it had a CD drive called the TurboDuo (though the boot screen for it said 'TurboGrafix-CD'). Unlike the Genesis' MegaCD drive, it had more than one good game, apparently. I'm not sure because I only played Ys III on it. ^^;

Also, Susie, a friend of mine has damn near ALL the TurboGrafix games, even some Duo ones. While Bonk's Adventure (and its sequel, Bonk's Revenge) are indeed awesome, Space Harrier for the win!
---
I'm not gay.

Posted: May 14, 2006 11:04 am

# 11

Susie

Site Administrator

I don't have the CD attachment I used to have Bonk's Adventure but I lost the game card. I still have Ninja Spirit though and that game is pretty awesome.
---

Posted: Jun 14, 2006 4:29 pm

# 12

lebo_lovegod

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsiteMSNM

Halo3, Dragonballz Budokai Tenkaichi 2
---
"It's amazing how everytime you open your mouth you prove your an idiot" -vegeta

By browsing this site, you agree to the Terms of Service.

Legend:     Administrator     Moderator     Jr. Moderator     Staff Member

This website contains content of a mature nature and is NOT intended for children. For information about the mature content of this site, please visit our page on the Internet Content Rating Association website. This website is part of the BogusRed Network