Page: [1]  2  

View Previous Topic | View Next Topic

Posted: Jun 4, 2006 2:49 pm

# 1

Susie

Site Administrator

ProfileSend Private MsgWebsiteICQAIMY!IMMSNM

Total Forum Posts: 0

Things tend to get out of hand around here at PaperDemonMedia.com so we often need moderators in the forums to help keep the peace. If you are interested in becoming a moderator, please read on...

These are some of the skills that we are looking for in potential mod candidates:
  • You must be polite and have a good record of past behavior here at PDM
  • It would be good if you have any sort of past modding experience, although this isn't essential
  • You must have a good understanding of the site rules
  • You can't be afraid to put your foot down
  • You'll need to be a fairly active member at PDM and within the forums
  • You'll need to be able to commit to an hour every few days to come to PDM and mod your forum(s)
  • You'll also need good reading and writing skills in English
  • You'll also need decent computer skills and know your way around the forums well.

So what exactly does a Moderator do?
Usually, a Mod is assigned to a specific forum to keep watch over. As a Mod, you'll need to read all of the messages and forum threads in your designated forum and be on the look out for people breaking the site rules. The common things that people do are flaming and double posting. You'll also be responsible for moving forum topics if they are in the wrong forum as well as locking topics that are old or are getting out of hand. If someone breaks a rule, you'll be responsible for logging that behavior in our Log system (this will be explained to you later if you get the job).

Do you get paid for being a moderator?
Well, sorry, no. But you do get to have your name in a pretty color and get to boss people around. That is incentive enough, right?

Ok I'm interested in becoming a Mod. What do I do?
If you believe you would be a good candidate for moderating, please send me a private message and tell me why you think you would be a good candidate. Also please indicate which forums you would be interested in moderating.*

*There may be more than one moderator per forum. Active forums may need multiple mods. You may also request that a new forum be made if you think a new one would be beneficial to the members at PDM.
---
Dragonball Z; the gateway drug of anime

Posted: Jun 4, 2006 4:37 pm

# 2

Dollmaker

ProfileSend Private MsgEmail

Why, Susie!  I'd love to be a mod! Okay, I think that falls under pompous more than it does funny, but I couldn't help it.

This brings up a couple questions on my part, though.  I'm assuming that your going to start most of your new candidates out as Jr. Mods, but still, are there any special qualities that could increase your chance of starting out as a Sr. Mod?

And, now that I mention it, I was wondering if there's anything I'd have to do to get an upgrade from Jr. Mod to full-fledged.  Not that I'm interested or anything. ...

---

What is sought is most often found, only if it is truely sought. - Cheshire Cat

Posted: Jun 4, 2006 7:58 pm

# 3

Susie

Site Administrator

These new mods are starting out as Jr. Mods. And we've already got two so far:
JIAM and Greed. There is also another on the way that needs to go through the training.

Yes you can upgrade to Senior. You've done an excellent job of Modding. Better than my Senior Mods actually. They are never around. They went strait to Snr Mod because they are people I know in real life. Most likely, they will not be mods for very much longer since they haven't had the time to mod. I mostly asked them to mod out of despiration but they haven't been really doing anything lol.

The only time someone can go strait to Senior Mod is if it's someone that I know really well. Senior Mod carries a lot more power than Jr. so I dont' want to just give that power to anyone.

---

Last edited by Susie on Jun 4, 2006 8:00 pm. Total edits: 2.

Posted: Jun 5, 2006 7:27 am

# 4

fablespinner

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsite

You forgot me... *sniffle*
*waves* I'm Green! I'm Green! That makes three!

xoxoxoxo

Back from Vacation and so TIRED....

---
fablespinner.com --- Sakuranbo Studios
If someone finds my life, can you please return it to the lost and found department? - Thanks.

Posted: Jun 5, 2006 4:24 pm

# 5

Dollmaker

*sniffles* Yaaay!  I'm a Senior mod!!  And welcome home, D.  ^^ I was wondering where you went.  Haven't seen you around in a while.

But wait, what duties do I get now as a Sr. Mod?  I've only been trained in the Jr. ranking.

---

Posted: Jun 6, 2006 4:20 pm

# 6

Susie

Site Administrator

We'll have to talk about that Dollmaker. I'll make a new thread in the Mod forum explaining the duties of a senior mod. It's not too much different than a Jr mod except you have global power, meaning you have power over almost all the forums.
---

Posted: Jun 6, 2006 6:08 pm

# 7

Dollmaker

Well, I think I'm starting to get it now. Basically I've gone from Highway Patrol to UN, right?
---

Posted: Jun 7, 2006 7:04 am

# 8

Susie

Site Administrator

UN? Not sure what you mean?
---

Posted: Jun 10, 2006 12:11 am

# 9

lebo_lovegod

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsiteMSNM

united nations. The groups of reprasentatives from diffrent countries.

thank goodness i can't spell

---
"It's amazing how everytime you open your mouth you prove your an idiot" -vegeta

Posted: Jun 10, 2006 6:22 am

# 10

Susie

Site Administrator

nah i wouldn't compare it to UN. UN would be the admin, which is me
---

Posted: Jun 12, 2006 5:53 am

# 11

lebo_lovegod

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsiteMSNM

More like a presidant
---
"It's amazing how everytime you open your mouth you prove your an idiot" -vegeta

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 11:41 am

# 12

Lyude

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailMSNM

No the EMPEROR is the gentlest. Lets keep it with EMPEROR
---

Posted: Jul 22, 2006 2:00 pm

# 13

Pat_ssgohan

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailMSNM

---

Last edited by Pat_ssgohan on Jul 24, 2006 4:30 am. Total edits: 1.

Posted: Jul 22, 2006 3:22 pm

# 14

JIAM

You have to P.M. her about it
---

You like this coat? White Panda, Hulk hogan choked me out one in china for my birthday. Its reversable on this bald eagle - Dave Chappelle

Posted: Jul 22, 2006 11:37 pm

# 15

zarbomaster

Banned User

ProfileSend Private Msg

hell no,lol
---

Quote Android 15534573: there are no such thing as gay people,there are just good manly relationships gwarhar

Page: [1]  2  

By browsing this site, you agree to the Terms of Service.

Legend:     Administrator     Moderator     Jr. Moderator     Staff Member

This website contains content of a mature nature and is NOT intended for children. For information about the mature content of this site, please visit our page on the Internet Content Rating Association website. This website is part of the BogusRed Network