Video Game Review Round Up

View Previous Topic | View Next Topic

Posted: Jul 9, 2006 2:09 am

# 1

Greed

ProfileSend Private Msg

Total Forum Posts: 0

This topic is to review and rate a game you've played recently.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tankaichi (4)

• Started off with a stunning opening video, then it got a little cheezy. A stupid retarded-lookin dragon surrounded the main menu screen, followed by goku announciated EVERYTHING you moved the curser onto.
  • Story Mode: The Idea of the Z Battle Gate was ok..... But it woulda been better if all the movies were included, and the sequals as well. The only movies were broly the llsj, coolers revenge, and bojack unbound. and they didn't even play out the correct way.  And then after you beat it, you had to fuse 2 special capsules together to unlock the characters.
  • Ultimate Battle Mode: Well, that was straight up ranking a certain charcter. Battles were straight forward, reach numero uno.
  • Game play: Pretty good, except the fact there was NO in game transformation. At the character select screen you pick out what form your going to be. No in game fusion. Gogeta and super gogeta (ssj4) were for some reason treated as 2 separate chharacters, unlike the otheres where you simple click up, like selecting an alternate ouftit. I like the 360 degree camera angle and the fact you need to locate your opponet with vision, a scouter, or sensing ki. Z items were amazingly dumb. I don't want to increase thier power, super transformations worked just fine.
  • 62 charcter promise: There were only 56. They didn't even have slug or garlic jr. No pre transformation bojack, 4th transformation cooler, meta cooler, normal broly or ssj broly (they had legendary super saiya-jin broly only). 3rd grade super saiya-jin trunks was called super trunks instead of ultra saiya-jin. No Turles, coolers minions, or bojacks minions, no super android 13.
  •   The Graphics: There mouths moved when they weren't talking. I dont want my characters to have outlines. It looks terrible. Atari, what where you thinking when you added outlines?
  • Easy Controls: It moved well, but you only got 5 skills. 5 SKILLS, NO MORE, NO LESS!!! I want my breakthrough capsules and skill items. I had to use one equipment slot to add equipment slots, so you only got 6 instead of 7.

My Conclusion, this was not a good game. Do not buy it. Wait for budokai tenkaichi 2. it'll be better. Until then, stcik with budokai 3. 

5 out of 10.

---

Last edited by Greed on Jul 9, 2006 2:17 am. Total edits: 2.

Posted: Jul 9, 2006 7:23 am

# 2

FERGUS_MANERGUS

ProfileSend Private Msg

Dynasty Warriors 5

• nice graphics
  • easy controls
  • tonz o characters
  • a...umm...unique story (Musou) mode
  • vioce acting was a bit cheezey
  • same runaround and slaughter game with more extra little thingys thrown in

8.5/10

---

Posted: Jul 9, 2006 2:57 pm

# 3

Greed

ProfileSend Private Msg

The Matrix: Path of Neo

• Gameplay was pretty well done. All the moves you could see done in the movies were included. Gun battles were intense and the martial arts looked painful.
  • Graphics: Good dameplay graphics. But thats it. The cinematics were horrible in some instances. They didn't even have keanu reeves do his own voice. They also cut scenes out of the movie and splice scenes together. It was really retarded.
  • Alternate Ending: Instead of going marytr, you beat smith. He turns into a monster smith that was all too easy to take down, even on the hardest diffuculty. I would've liked to see the original ending.
  • Voice acting. It wasn't too bad. It sorta sounded like smith and neo.

I know it has to be hard to make a good matrix game becauseyou must utilize every part of the movie. This one did just that. Excellent game and is more succesful then its predacessor, enter the marix.

8 out of 10

---

Posted: Jul 10, 2006 12:27 am

# 4

Keenarnor

ProfileSend Private MsgEmailWebsiteAIMY!IMMSNM

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

• Awesome graphics
  • Cool RPG styled fighting
  • Almost as good as Final Fantasy
  • Lots of hours of game play
  • An Evil Mode, where you get to be the bad guys
  • Cool characters and attacks, never seen in the movies
  • Good voice acting, voices match perfectly with the characters
  • Nice story plot, you follow the Fellowship the entire time
  • Good camera controls
  • Lots of ways to kill your opponent

I give it a 10/10

---

That's right, we're getting married and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it! Not even you french speaking Lopez.-Red vs Blue Ep. 28.5

Last edited by Keenarnor on Jul 10, 2006 12:27 am. Total edits: 1.

Posted: Jul 11, 2006 5:54 pm

# 5

Greed

ProfileSend Private Msg

you guys can disagree with our ratings you know.
---

By browsing this site, you agree to the Terms of Service.

Legend:     Administrator     Moderator     Jr. Moderator     Staff Member

This website contains content of a mature nature and is NOT intended for children. For information about the mature content of this site, please visit our page on the Internet Content Rating Association website. This website is part of the BogusRed Network